Keyvisual storytelling has always worked for almost every type of audience, but in today's age of digital excess, it works better than ever before. Our brains are made to look. You are constantly looking for new visual information. Your content and your brand must take advantage of that. Otherwise, you will miss the best opportunity to get straight into the minds of your target groups. Visualizations are memorable and effective because they help people process, understand, and retain more information faster.
- People make a first impression in just 50 milliseconds.
- The average person gets distracted after 8 seconds
- some after just 2.8 seconds.
- 81% of people only skim the content they read online.
- The average user reads 20 to 28% of words or less.
- It is estimated that by the end of 2018, 84% of communication will be visual.
- By the end of 2018, 79% of internet traffic will be video content.
- Posts that contain images have a 650% higher engagement rate than text-only posts.
- After viewing a product video, users are 85% more likely to purchase a product.
- Instagram's active user base is up 64%, Tumblr is up 120%, and Pinterest is up 111%.
- Facebook receives over 8 billion video views every day.
- Without visual support, people only remember 20% of the content.
- Humans process visual elements 60,000 times faster than reading words.
In order for visual storytelling to work for your brand, there are ten tried and tested principles to follow.
More information is available from:
Project management / PR
antje.koch (at) schindlerparent.de