Visual storytelling defines the future of communication
Key visual storytelling has always worked with almost any type of audience, but in the current age of digital excess, it works better than ever before. Our brains are made to look at things. They are constantly looking for visual information. Your content and your brand needs to exploit that, otherwise you’ll miss out on the best opportunity to get directly into the heads of your target audience. Visualisations are catchy and effective because they help people to process more information faster, understand it and then retain it.
Content marketing statistics on the increasing power of visual content:
– People make an initial impression in just 50 milliseconds.
– The average person will get side-tracked after 8 seconds
– some even after just 2.8 seconds.
– 81% of people just skim through the content they read online.
– The average user reads at most 20% to 28% of the words.
– It is estimated that up until the end of 2018, 84% of the communication will be visual.
– Up until the end of 2018, 79% of Internet traffic will be video content.
– Posts that include images achieve a 650% higher interaction rate than a text-only post.
– After showing a product video, users are 85% more likely to buy a product.
– The active user base of Instagram has increased by 64%, Tumblr by 120% and Pinterest by 111%.
– Facebook gets over 8 billion video views every day.
– Without visual support, people notice just 20% of the content.
– People process visual elements 60,000 times quicker than they do reading words. .
For information please contact:
antje.koch (at) schindlerparent.de